Aging Gracefully: Tips and Pointers
Have you ever seen a family member, neighbor, or family friend who never seems to age? This individual just seems to skate through life as though time stood still. Every time you see them, you cannot help but comment on how this person has not changed one bit.
Do you think that aging gracefully is something that you are genetically predisposed to or is it something that is available to just a lucky few?
Well, perhaps this was true many decades ago, but today we know better. There certainly are ways to age gracefully, and the choice is ours.
This is the product that I am using on my face right now. I did a lot of research and found that the niacinimide is the secret ingredient to really reduce the wrinkles and prevent more from forming. I am really happy with it and the price is right too!
About the Product
- FIGHT BREAKOUTS & HYPERPIGMENTATION NATURALLY – InstaNatural’s Niacinamide Serum contains 5% Vitamin B3, which means it’s packed with natural, soothing properties that actively work to even your skin tone by addressing breakouts, blemishes, red marks and irritated skin. It also nourishes your skin to minimize redness or blotchiness while diminishing the appearance of hyperpigmentation to give your skin a youthful glow you’re sure to love.
- ADVANCED ANTI AGING COMPLEX – Introducing Niacinamide as a regular piece of any skin care regimen has been shown to reduce the appearance of the most common signs of aging on the skin, including those around the eye, mouth and forehead area. By supporting healthy elasticity in the skin, this Niacinamide serum acts as a wrinkle, fine line, sagginess and puffiness reducer.
- YOUR SKIN’S THIRST QUENCHER – Filled with other natural ingredients, such as Organic Aloe Vera, Avocado Oil and Vitamin E, this serum glides easily onto your skin and immediately delivers effective nutrients where it counts. The addition of Hyaluronic Acid as a natural intense moisturizer ensures that your skin remains hydrated and healthy while you achieve the skin care results you’re looking for.
- FIRM & PLUMP SAGGING SKIN – With regular use of InstaNatural’s Niacinamide Serum, you’ll see the appearance of your pores diminish while your skin regains a firm and plump look, giving you a healthier glow. This skin brightening serum is the perfect remedy for anyone looking to gain a brighter, smoother and more youthful complexion with a lessened appearance of baggy or thin-looking skin all over the body, including the face, hands and neck.
- ULTIMATE ADDITION TO YOUR ROUTINE – Implementing Niacinamide into a daily skincare regimen couldn’t be easier than in the form of a serum. With InstaNatural’s potent Niacinamide serum, it’s easy for you to add it as a spot treatment between your daily cleanser, exfoliator or toner, or even for you to simply add a few drops of the serum into a moisturizer you’ve already found that works perfectly for your skin type—whether it be normal, dry, oily or even sensitive.
I also am using products in my house that are “clean” and non-toxic. Since my daughter-in-law has gone through all of the cancer treatments, it was important for her to learn how to eat and live a “clean” lifestyle. She found Modere products – which are affordable and tested. I love their products and purchase mostly everything I need for the house through Modere. They also have a lot of skin and beauty products and nutrition products. Check them out here!
Here is a video for you to watch about Modere – it is a great company and if you are looking to sell their products – they have a great compensation plan and strong support! Email me at email@example.com and I will give you information as to how to get started.
The Spiritual Body
Just about every individual has some type of spirituality – not necessarily a religion, but a spiritual point of view. For example, doing the right thing, helping others, being part of a family and a community are all spiritual habits. I happened to believe that our Universe, Our God, or whatever you call your Higher Power is in control at all times. That everything exists as “energy” and if we push out the “positive” energy, we get more positive energy in return. I follow Mike Dooley, the Thoughts Become Things author and leader of all things Universe. I receive his “Notes from the Universe” every morning in my email and it almost seems like he writes them especially for me. They always speak to me as he knows what I needed to hear that day. You can find Mike’s FREE Notes from the Universe at www.tut.com.
Taking part in being a spiritual being is an excellent way to stay in touch with and give back to your community. It provides many health benefits as well. Just because you are aging or have aged, does not mean that you are not still a vital part of a community.
If you continue to reach out to others, especially as you age, you will be the definition of “aging gracefully”.
Check out the Daily Inspiration page for some daily motivations to keep your mind in the right place!
The Mental Body
How vital and vibrant your mind is depends on how you treat it as you age. If you fill your head with negative talk or surround yourself with negative situations and individuals, your body and your aging process will show this.
If you keep a positive attitude, read daily, keep abreast of news in your community and around the world, and stimulate your mind with puzzles and games, you will find that your mind will age better – and you will feel better as a result.
The Physical Body
It makes sense that if you take care of your physical body now, it will take care of you later. If you eat properly, exercise, and get enough fresh air and sunshine, you will more than likely be healthier as you age. Using sunscreen and staying hydrated at all times are essential to feeling your optimum best as well.
My daughter Savannah is in love with this water bottle that actually syncs to your phone and glows when you are not drinking enough. It actually tracks how much water you drink during the day. Very Cool!
It was a little pricy for me, but she just had to have it! And she is making good money working at a restaurant so she bought it for herself.
Find it here at http://hidratespark.com/
Your physical body is like a building that houses your being. You are responsible for what comes into that building. Eating right is the perfect way to protect yourself from the pitfalls of aging.
My genetics makes me very prone to Osteoporosis. My Mom had it and both my sisters have it. So I am the kind of person who hates taking pills – and I could really never get myself into a routine to take something everyday. Most of the calcium products on the market are HUGE and hard to take. I finally found a CHEWABLE calcium tab that I can take easily and I really do remember to take it every day.
It is made by Shaklee, a company that has been around for a very long time. If you are looking for great products from a great company – check out Shaklee. Click here to take a look at the CHEWABLE CALCIUM TAB that I am taking! They have a lot of other great products as well to keep you healthy.
Everything from your eyesight to your muscles and joints will respond to the natural course of aging.
I was always really proud of the way I looked. Even in my 40’s, people couldn’t believe how old I was. Some even thought I was still in my late 20’s. But after I turned 50, I really started to notice that I was starting to show my age. And I really needed to start doing something to slow the aging process. I did a lot of research and decided that I needed to change my diet TOTALLY! I was always slender, so I just ate what I wanted to eat and didn’t think I was hurting myself. But I guess I was wrong because the wrinkles in my face started to come and my energy level was dropping immensely!
The first thing I did to improve my diet is to start making green smoothies in the morning. They really have changed the way my entire day goes. I have a ton more energy and feel like I don’t get that 3:00 naptime feeling anymore.
This is the recipe book I use for my smoothies.
The next thing I did was to stop eating so much pasta and bread. I found out after Carmen was having stomach problems that gluten was really bad for mostly everyone. Even if you don’t have bellyaches, it is totally zapping your energy. Once I cut out a lot of the pasta and bread, my energy level really zoomed back up to where it used to be. If I get a craving for spaghetti, I now buy “gluten-free” pasta. It really tastes better than the crap I used to buy. Even the girls said so.
Gluten is a protein found in things like rye, wheat, and barley. It’s now being said that much of our population may be gluten-intolerant (hence all the new “gluten-free!” items popping up everywhere).
Over time, those who are gluten intolerant can develop a dismal array of medical conditions from consuming gluten: dermatitis, joint pain, reproductive problems, acid reflux, and more.
At one point I thought I would try a Paleo diet. It seemed like the right thing to do having two very important principles.
The first one is obvious. Natural foods from the plant and animal world especially when organic and untouched by the horrors of modern food production and manufacturing are loaded with essential nutrition.
The second principle is just as fundamental, but less apparent. It means that when we avoid toxins hidden in packaged/processed food… and the many hidden toxins in commercial meat, fruits and vegetables…
Our bodies begin to clean out and detoxify. This allows our cells to expend less energy in actually fighting off foreign substances and more on rebuilding, growth and rejuvenation.
The result? We look better, feel better, and perform better.
So this is the basis for the diet:
- Meat – GRASS-FED, not grain-fed. Grain causes the same problem in animals as they do in humans.
- Fowl – Chicken, duck, hen, turkey…things with wings that (try to) fly.
- Fish– Wild fish, as mercury and other toxins can be an issue in farmed fish
- Eggs –Look for Omega-3 enriched eggs.
- Vegetables – As long as they’re not deep-fried, eat as many as you want.
- Oils – Olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil – think natural.
- Fruits – Have natural sugar, and can be higher in calories, so limit if you’re trying to lose weight.
- Nuts – High in calories, so they’re good for a snack, but don’t eat bags and bags of them.
- Tubers – Sweet potatoes and yams. Higher in calories and carbs, so these are good for right after a workout to replenish your glycogen levels.
Steak with asparagus and sweet potato fries, grilled chicken salad, massive omelets that will fill you up for the whole morning, apples dipped in almond butter (my favorite snack ever), and so on. Pick any of the things from that list, and eat as much as you want of them (with the noted exceptions). You’ll feel better and be healthier.
BUT I WASN’T WILLING TO COMMIT ALL THE WAY. I really like cheese, yogurt and an occasional sandwich on bread.
So I try to stay as close to a Paleo diet as I can, making sure I don’t buy anything processed, except cheese and yogurt and ice cream! I LOVE ICE CREAM!!
If you’re not willing to cut out grains from your diet completely, just work on MINIMIZING those foods gradually and see how your body adjusts. Slow transitions are often much easier to handle over the long-term; the more you can shift your diet closer to Paleo principles, the faster you’ll start to see results.
Maybe you’re ready to try out this Paleo lifestyle, but you can’t commit fully –there are certain foods you refuse to give up, or you can’t afford to buy grass-fed beef at the moment. That’s okay! If you can even make a few small changes here and there (cut out liquid calories, switch out your rice for steamed vegetables, cut back on bread, etc.) you’ll start to see some changes. Remember, 20% healthier is better than 0% healthier – as you get more comfortable with the changes you can increase that percentage.
One method (the one I like) is the 80% method – eat really well during the week (all paleo), and then give yourself a day on the weekend to eat whatever you want – pizza, ice cream, cheeseburgers, bagels, etc. Get it out of your system on that one day, and then get back on track the next day. For some people this helps them stay on track, when for others it can be derailing. That will be up to you.
Get rid of the temptation – if you’re gonna go at this thing with a full head of steam, remove all the junk food from your house. It’s going to take a few weeks for your body to adjust to burning fat instead of glucose, and you might want to eat poorly here and there. If there’s no food in your house to tempt you, it will be much easier to stay on target.
These are the books of recipes that I use to stay healthy!
I really like eating out at restaurants, but I don’t really have a lot of time these days. So I found this set of cookbooks that gives you recipes that copy all of my favorite restaurants meals. They really do taste the same and they are a helluva lot cheaper than actually going to the restaurant. This one comes with a lot of bonus cookbooks too for a really good price! Click here to check it out!