What is a Blog compared to a website?
People are still confused over what constitutes a blog over a website.
My website is actually both. The home page of my site is a blog – which I update daily. The rest of my website is what you call “static” website pages that do not get updated very often.
A lot of businesses have their main websites, but also have a blog page on that website that they update with company and industry news.
So there are two features of a blog that set it apart from a traditional website.
- Blogs are updated frequently. Whether it’s a mommy blog in which a woman shares adventures in parenting, a food blog sharing new recipes, or a business providing updates to its services, blogs have new content added several times a week.
- Blogs allow for reader engagement. Blogs are often included in social media because of the ability for readers to comment and have a discussion with the blogger and others who read the blog makes it social.
Why Is Blogging Is So Popular?
Several reasons why blogs are being used more than ever:
- Search engines love new content, and as a result, blogging is a great search engine optimization (SEO) tool.
- It’s a great way to keep your customers and clients up-to-date on what’s going on, let them know about new deals, and provide tips. The more a customer comes to your blog, the more likely they are to spend money.
- It allows you to build trust and rapport with your prospects. Not only can you show off what you know, building your expertise and credibility, but because people can post comments and interact with you, they can get to know you, and hopefully, will trust you enough to buy from you.
- Blogs can make money. Along with your product or service, blogs can generate income from other options, such as advertising and affiliate products.
Some examples of very popular and successful blogs:
If you are going to have your blog as your main page, you are going to want to post at least a few times a week. You might want to think about having pages for different subjects to let Google have an array of pages to choose from. This website that you are on right now has a lot of different pages, but you don’t have to have even half this amount to be effective. A 5-page website does just fine.
Articles that you write will contribute to increasing your influence and boosting your website’s search engine results.
Any and all information that you post on your blog should be sent to your social media accounts. This is how you will get traffic to your website.
This page will also hold your videos which will be fed from your YouTube account.
Here is another great ebook on blogging – Straybloggertraining